The main aim of TRANS-FORM is to mobilise the procurement power of city authorities and major companies to accelerate progress towards sustainable zero carbon transport systems.
The three-year project, in which the Corporate Leaders Group plays a leading role, focuses on:
• The development of procurement of innovation strategies on realising green transport. The results will be used to bridge the gap with R&D, specifically the European Research Area (ERA) R&D.
• An analysis of the impact of transport on climate change.
• A sensible action plan to enable cities to make progress on smart, green integrated transport and infrastructure.
To achieve these goals the following objectives will be realised:
1. Bring together influential stakeholders from European cities and the innovation community to explore future zero carbon aspirations and emerging potential solutions.
2. Facilitate the development of leader-led innovation procurement projects in the procurement transport area.
3. Co-ordinate the development of joint demand statements of common need for innovative solutions in the future (innovation procurement 'Compacts').
4. Develop two innovation procurement 'Compacts' to the European innovation community.