skip to content

Corporate Leaders Groups

Business leadership for a climate neutral economy

Roundtable: How to create decent & fair circular jobs in the EU?

29 January 2024

29 January 2024 – CLG Europe’s Materials & Products Taskforce hosted a closed roundtable, both in Brussels and online, delving into how the shift towards circular economy impacts employment in the EU and beyond, involving approximately 30 stakeholders, including policymakers, civil society representatives, and experts to identify priority actions for policymakers.

Materials & Products Taskforce policy briefing launch – ‘Inclusive Circularity: Creating decent and fair jobs in the EU’

7 December 2023

5 December 2023 – This week, the Taskforce for climate neutral and circular materials and products launched a new policy briefing ‘Inclusive Circularity: Creating decent and fair jobs in the EU’ at COP28 in Dubai. The policy briefing provides an overview of the types of jobs that are needed in a circular economy, the opportunities and barriers around creating decent and inclusive jobs, the links between circular economy and social policies, and the private sector’s views on this topic.

Policy Briefing: Inclusive Circularity: Creating decent and fair jobs in the EU

5 December 2023

5 December 2023 - CLG Europe’s Materials & Products Taskforce has released a new report on the importance of the connection between the transition to a circular economy and the creation of decent and inclusive jobs for all.

Policy briefing: Principles for an Ambitious EU Green Industrial Strategy: A CLG Europe Position Paper

7 November 2023

9 November 2023 – A position paper by CLG Europe calls for a comprehensive EU Green Industrial Strategy as a path towards a climate neutral, nature positive, circular and competitively sustainable economy.

Event: London Circular Economy Week, CLG Europe’s Materials and Products Taskforce webinar setting out EU Circular Economy Policy. 17 October 2023

17 October 2023

On 17 October 2023, as part of London Circular Economy Week, CLG Europe’s Materials and Products Taskforce hosted a webinar setting out EU Circular Economy Policy.

Date: 
Tuesday, 17 October, 2023 - 10:00 to 11:00

Policy Briefing: Raising European Climate Ambition for 2040: A CLG Europe position paper

5 September 2023

05 September 2023 – A new policy briefing from the Corporate Leaders Group Europe calls on the EU to set a 2040 GHG emissions reduction target of at least 90% net reduction compared to 1990 levels.

Materials & Products Taskforce report launch event – ‘Embracing Circularity: A Pathway for Strengthening the Critical Raw Materials Act’

20 July 2023

July 2023 – This week, the Taskforce for Climate Neutral and Circular Materials and Products hosted a hybrid event at the European Parliament to mark the launch of their report “Embracing circularity: A pathway for strengthening the Critical Raw Materials Act,” in collaboration with the Wuppertal Institute. The report emphasized the importance of circular practices in achieving the European Union’s climate neutrality targets, presenting case studies from business members including Volvo and Hydro, and recommendations on key materials, sparking discussions among stakeholders from industry, academia, and NGOs.

Report: Embracing circularity: A pathway for strengthening the Critical Raw Materials Act

17 July 2023

17 July 2023 - CLG Europe’s Materials & Products Taskforce has released a new report in partnership with the Wuppertal Institute on the importance of better integrating circularity in the EU’s Critical Raw Materials Act.

Policy briefing: Circular Savings - Business perspectives on energy savings through circular practices

9 May 2023

10 May 2023 - Europe is undergoing a deep transformation towards a greener, cleaner economy. There is a systemic shift that is needed. Currently, this is happening too slowly, and greater acceleration is needed if we are to meet our climate objectives. Energy policies can tackle 55% of global emissions, but the circular economy can further tackle the remaining 45% of emissions derived from material production. The Materials & Products Taskforce has released its new policy briefing, building on business insights, on how circular economy practises could enable energy savings.

Policy Briefing: Leading the Way: Identifying the actions government can take to accelerate UK climate action across the economy

2 March 2023

2 March 2023 - A new policy briefing from the UK Corporate Leaders Group (CLG UK) applies a business lens to seven key cross-sectoral and cross-governmental areas which are key to achieving net zero, exploring their challenges, opportunities and impacts on business.